but what can we do?
- give money to the red cross appeal - they have already raised $30 million in 2 days but the need is vast
- give the salvation army donations of money, clothing, anything to help people rebuild their lives
- give blood - not just now or tomorrow or next week. they will need blood for months to come as people have surgery after surgery for their burns
- support all the various community fund raisers - there will be quilts raffled at the Australian Quilt Convention next week, pip at www.meetmeatmikes.blogspot.com is coordinating a fund raising and relief effort, cindy is raising money through online craft auctions at http://handmadehelpsout.blogspot.com/ and she has a list of other suggestions for providing practical help now.
- if you're in australia do a big shop this friday as coles supermarkets are donating all their profits to the bushfire appeal. and hopefully other big stores will follow their lead.