hmmm either i had improved creator spirit or it is completely ruint.
this piece has always been too scarlet for my taste which is why it was thrust into the ufo pile a couple of years ago to be resurrected for a part in the southern lands exhibition.
i thought stitching with rust and ochre threads would help tone down the red but not enough.
sooooo today i decided to attack it with ochre pigment powder mixed with cold wax medium. unfortunately on the first pass there was too much raw sienna and not enough iron oxide in the mix and it looked as if billthedog had used it as a lavatory wiping aid. so i went over it with a rag and more iron oxide and then washed some fabric paint over it with a wide brush.
it's now drying morosely on the kitchen table and i hope hope hopei haven't completely stuffed it up