It's mostly about having my life so full that I haven't read other people's blogs, let alone updated my own. And then once you get past a certain point you become burdened by the obligation to update - what to tell, what to leave out and it all becomes too hard.
I was beating myself over the head for neglecting the blog when I did a quick reckoning and worked out that this year I have had the following events, in roughly chronological order
- my first trip to Europe
- my divorce
- finishing my contract and taking leave without pay
- applying to do post-graduate research
- 2 weddings
- 1 hysterectomy
- formally starting my post graduate work
- making a commissioned piece for Seth Apter's next book
- organising a trip to Europe and our 3rd wedding
In the meantime I will leave you with a happy snap of Barry, our resident axolotl.