i did mean to do the words but last week was so flat out that i ran out of time. anyway i just did another heat altered quilt - see
i found Fay Maxwell's tutorial here
the technique is to layer synthetic scraps over a felted wool base then cover the lot with organza or tulle and stitch the layers together. then the best bit - getting tuck in with a soldering iron to melt through as many layers as you wish to reveal different colours and textures. some fabric melt quicker than others and i added some sequin waste and Angelina fibre as well to see what would happen.
it's huge fun but although Fay says not to oversew i think this week's effort went too far the other way on parts of the piece. i had to go back and sew around the perimeter. and beads don't melt :(
and i went a step further and attacked it with a little blowtorch..... although that it made the little quilt much crunchier than i expected.
i'm much happier with the other piece i did last week (here it is again to save you scrolling down)
(purple back ground, kimono silk, dyed and heated tyvek). i really enjoyed doing the contour and pebble quilting and i think the colours worked well although it does remind me a bit of a misshapen foot.