- Friday night did the supermarket shopping with 8 year old E who has a different view of what we reeeeely need to eat - we stuck to the discipline of the List and only bought a few treats
- Saturday morning back to the physio to get the week's kinks ironed out of my back
- then to Psarakos market to buy wonderful fruit and veg (including the most beautiful mauve and white patterned baby eggplant, baby red peppers, a bag of apples and fabulous end of summer fruit - nectarines, mangoes, peaches, grapes.... then swung by the fish shop for a smoked trout and a dozen oysters, and the butcher for beef mince and diced blade steak which became spag bol sauce and goulash respectively later in the afternoon
- my cousin Peter came for dinner and M made dhal, chicken and beef curries and other lovely things. I made raspberry cake for dessert.
- Sunday morning was book group at the Richmond Hill Cafe and Larder where I put away a disgracefully large breakfast of poached eggs, grilled tomatoes, bacon and mushrooms.... and of course we talked about The Book which this time was Jane Eyre. I hadn't read it since I was at uni and had forgotten how wonderful Charlotte Bronte's writing is. Next book Portrait of a Lady...
Tuesday, February 28, 2006
5 things i did on the weekend....
kath is asking what 5 things you did on the weekend. here are mine: