Sunday, September 16, 2007
another sunday, anther burnt quilt...
sorry for the quality of the photos - still using the phone... this effort is another burnt quilt - this time i used big swathes of fabric instead of little chopped up bits, then the organza layer, free motion quilting and zappo... the other difference is that i used lutradur as a base - i painted it with purple and black fabric paint and let the blowtorch zap holes in some parts.
i quilted circles and spirals in the middle and then a mix of fronds and claws across the rest of it. the colours are more intense in real life and the shiny, melted synthetic was reflecting like mad.
it was great fun :)