- buy all the fruit for the cmas cake in september
- allow it to mature in the pantry for at least 3 months
- pick over for stalks and seeds on boxing day. mix it all together with grand marnier or rum or whatever booze you choose
- suddenly remember about it on new year's day and start turning it into cake. discover at the worst possible moment that instead of the 2 cups required, you have a scant half cup of plain flour. send partner out to track down plain flour.
- find the biggest mixing bowl, that gets used once a year for this purpose. remove dust.
- get everyone to stir the mix. here is E stirring like a dervish...
- cook in the oven for a ridiculously long time on a warm and steamy summer day.
happy new year!