- woken up at 10 to 8
- got the kids to school on time despite #1
- came home and had home-made quince jelly on a crumpet (which i shared with w) and a strong coffee. the jelly is the last jar of last year's batch which i found at the back of the cupboard. the first of this year's jelly is sitting on the kitchen window sill, glowing like church windows.
i bought more quinces this morning (see #4)
- went to the wonderful psarakos market in thornbury and bought quinces, mandarins, grapes, potatoes, a huge head of garlic, a bag of pink lady apples, cabbage, carrots and oranges (all for a bargamonious $24!) . then on the way out we bought octopus tentacles (yum) and sardine fillets - both for dinner tonight
- took poor w to the doctor to confirm that he still has middle ear - 2 lots of antibiotics and it hasn't budged. one more lot of stronger drugs and if that doesn't shift it, we're off to a paediatric ent.
- home for lunch and eventually w conceded defeat and is still currently sleeping.
- mixed up some chelated iron for the cumquat, lemon and seveille orange trees which have been looking a bit seedy and yellow about the gills
- put washing at various stages of cleanliness and dryness in the washing machine, on the washing line and in the drier
- pulled some of the more irritating weeds that have been taunting me in the front garden. this poor garden has been sadly neglected since i hurt my back - i dare not pull more than a few weeds and digging and planting are distant memories
ciao for now