Friday, April 03, 2015

slightly hamstrung

I have had good intentions of blogging but these have been undone by my computer having gone into permanent limbo and having to go off to see what, if anything could be retrieved.

In the absence of easily findable photos, I can report that I have been doing stuff in the studio - darning mulberry bark, grinding pigments and making watercolours and I have started a new long term project.

The Wedding Dress Project started when I was harvesting silk from an 80s wedding dress I had bought from a charity shop. After I had removed the sleeves, most of the skirt and silk elements of the bodice panels I was left with a very interesting looking carcass.

This has given me the perfect excuse to learn and practise a number of new techniques, which may or may not end up on my wedding dress.

No comments: