in all the medusiad of cables that lurk around here i cannot find the only one that fits my camera. so i can't show you the crimson splendour of the damson jam that's bubbling away on the stove, nor can illustrate my current creative despondency...
i am trying to finish the second big piece for the southern lands exhibition. four of the eight pieces are supposed to be sent to germany in time for a march showing. i have finished the two smaller pieces and the first big one. but the second big one is unravelling my confidence.
this is what it looked like a couple of weeks ago - it was layers of painted silk, muslin and cotton, machine stitched with a hand stitched bit in the middle.
i decided it was too light and need a heavier backing to take the hand stitching i wanted to add. so i pinned some painted cotton onto the back. and started stitching with the lovely sheeny rayon thread i bought from dijanne before she moved to france.
which was fine until i realised exactly how much handstitching was required.... and now having done a shirtload of handstitching and seeing the vast plains of fabric still to be done i am having Doubts about the whole piece. it didn't help that i removed the middle panel of embroidery because i no longer liked it and it didn't work in the current incarnation of the piece thus opening up a large chunk to be reworked.
will return when i can upload some current pics.